Sunday, March 24, 2013

April ACEO calendar page

Spring ACEO series.  

The 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" bird and ribbon was inspired by the natural fibers in the hand-made art paper I found at the local supplier. Using corner-photo tabs I mounted it aside a calendar page for April on a 5 1/2 x 4 1/4" card stock.

After selecting the paper to paint, I thought the fiber color blob in the upper left kinda looked like little chickadees when they hang upside down on a branch.  I'm always watching them in my yard so, I painted one of their own as a little spectator to their antics. He sits on a branch in the background behind an embellished painted ribbon sprinkled with micro-glitter.

APRIL and the calendar were typed on my vintage 'ROYAL Quiet De Luxe' typewriter (a treasured, mid century heirloom that once belonged to my Aunt Hannah; used in her roll as a staffer to a district congressman who later became a U.S. Senator) I'm not sure of it's age but certainly mid-century; and I don't know what I'll do when the ribbon runs dry but, in the meantime, it is good to go with plenty left on the roll!!




I just noticed I used the
lower case i instead of the 
upper case I...
no 1 offered on this old typewriter! 



find this and other months http://www.etsy.com/shop/rainheart




No comments:

Post a Comment